Re: [Icehouse] 2009 pyramid game awards: who wants to help

  • FromSam Zitin <sammyz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 4 Jun 2010 16:44:31 -0400
I  guess I'm not officially voting at this point as I didn't volunteer but I thought I'd chime in after seeing this last bit.

While I'm quite flattered that someone thought something positive about Diamond Mine and while I think it has potential, I seriously doubt that it is anywhere near polished enough (pun intended) to really carry it's weight for a competition of this sort.  So if you're looking to save some people some time it's a good place to start (:

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 8:39 AM, S Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Bryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How's it going on your last few games, Scott?

Diamond Mine, I concluded, works well with 4 players, and gets a yes.
Any fFewer than 4, and some of the important concepts start to fFail.

Regarding Crystal Caverns and Crystal Wars:  They are both very well
thought out, very thorough, and very complex.  I am concerned they may
not get ample game-play during the judging time -- it's possible I
haven't really played through thoroughly.  But I'm going to say both
games make the fFirst cut and get a "Yes."

By my estimation, that means all games of 2009 (that we know of ...)
have now been looked at, once.

17 games have made it this fFar.

--
A pizza with the radius 'z' and thickness 'a'
has the volume pi*z*z*a.