Re: [Icehouse] [Zendo] Rule clarification [Mondo]

  • FromBart Janssens <bartjanssens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 01 Apr 2011 23:07:43 -0400
It depends on how competitive you (and/or the group you're playing with) are being.

This is one of the things I like about Zendo - the game can be as cooperative or competitive as the players want.
In a more cooperative game, the students will often bounce ideas off of each other, and be more concerned with the group
guessing the rule rather being the one to guess.  In that case, you'll see a lot of Mondos.

In competitive games, where the goal is to be the 'single' winner, players will not want to share their theories (or might even try to
spread 'false' theories to throw the other players off track).  In that situation, players will be more careful with Mondos, because
other players getting stones is *not* a desired result - especially if the Mondo-caller ends up without a stone.  Also, calling Mondo,
and voting one way or another, can tip off other players about your train of thought.... that you're trying to hide.

Bart Janssens