Re: [Icehouse] [Zendo] Rule clarification [Mondo]

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 02 Apr 2011 09:42:43 -0400
On Apr 2, 2011, at 9:27 AM, Buddha Buck wrote:
I guess another way to rephrase the advise would be:

A) Don't play a mondo except when you are ready to make a guess, lest you give other players unearned guessing stones. B) When you play a mondo because you are ready to make a guess, use it to try to falsify your theory rather than an easy confirmation it. If your koan is an easy confirmation of an incorrect theory, you will find out it's incorrect by guessing, rather than mondoing, and you will have to spend a stone and inform the rest of the players of your incorrect theory.

I like to mondo early and often to get as many guessing stones into students' hands. I think the best info the students get are from the master's counterexamples.

Christopher