Re: [Icehouse] [Zendo] Rule clarification [Mondo]

  • FromDennis Duquette <dennisdduquette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 1 Apr 2011 20:11:58 -0700 (PDT)
One of the other students may have some idea if your koan has the Buddha nature. If you're guessing with the odds but they've got some factor they're pretty sure of, you're handing them a guessing stone for free. If your goal is to be the student who determines the Master's rule, then you're giving away advantage to other students who only call Mondo when they have a pretty good idea and need the guessing stone.

If you think, as I've found some do, that the goal is just for any student to guess the rule, then you've no disadvantage calling Mondo every turn.

I hope this helps.

Dennis D Duquette

Theorem:
All numbers are equal.

Proof:
Choose arbitrary a and b, and let t = a + b.
(a + b)(a - b) = t(a - b)
a^2 - b^2 = ta - tb
a^2 - ta = b^2 - tb
a^2 - ta + (t^2)/4 = b^2 - tb + (t^2)/4