Re: [Icehouse] Spock Rule Violations

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 4 Aug 2011 16:30:03 -0400

Pretty please, with sugar on top? Stop flooding my inbox, ok? The four or five of you who still care have each others emails, there's the geeks list, there's the (ignorable) forums. Do I have to unsubscribe to be rid of these two gyring threads?

It would at least be somewhat interesting if the critics of the rule verbiage offered a rewrite that fixed the perceived (by 1%) problem. The original post has been answered, in (at last count) three distinct ways: it's a shitty bn that no one would ever guess and would make the students quit (master loses); it can be reduced to a valid, non-external rule with ~120,000 clauses (taking literally hours to even state); and the koan isolation rule is only confused by the most pedantic mastication of the game text, which is un-Zen and against the obvious spirit of the game: pleasure through collaborative realization, not gamist 'accomplishment'.

Maybe y'all should switch to Martian Chess...?

Please find a venue where the participant to audience ratio isn't quite so miniscule, OK?
David