Re: [Rabbits] Advice on Starting a Warren

  • FromNtn'l Jeweler Advertiser <divreon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 11 May 2006 16:19:51 -0700 (PDT)
The biggest thing that helped the Buffalo Warren was UBCon, each year we get more rabbits, and the rabbits make more rabbits, and so the warren grows. What weakens a warren is not holding regular events. If you have an event regularly you will build a sense of community in the warren, and the people coming wont just be Looney fans, they will become friends.

Fluxx is probably one of the best games for attracting rabbits and Treehouse seems along the same lines though I just started playing that myself so dont know exactly how well it will go over. If they want to try something more sophisticated, Ice towers and Volcano are good jumping points as well as chrononauts. Zendo is great, but you need the right crowd, and you need to ease people into it. Start people off at the right level of game and you'll breed rabbits that will be ravenous for looney games.

Hope this helps, and I'd appreciate hearing about how helpful any of this was,

-Steve Hoffman
Buffalo Rabbit

Matthew Barrett <cleyshon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm starting a warren at the science and education store where I work
(www.ecoedresources.com). Anyone have any advice for how to get a strong
warren going? What games are the quick hooks to recruit new rabbits? What
are the best draws for game days? I've been a referee at the local gaming
convention (http://grailquestcon.com) and might try to do some demos there
this year. Any advice is appreciated!

M. Barrett
Jacksonville, FL
"All of us are born with a set of instinctive fears--of falling, of the
dark, of lobsters, of falling on lobsters in the dark, or speaking before a
Rotary Club, and of the words "Some Assembly Required." --Dave Barry