Re: [Rabbits] Tarot (was: New Rabbit)

  • FromAndrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 27 Jul 2006 16:06:28 -0400 (EDT)
I've had the Vision Tarot in my backpack for years as an emergency Zarcana deck. Before that, it was... actually, I don't remember what I used for Zarcana before that. Haindl?

For a couple of months, I've been working on a Tarot deck for on-line Zarcana. I have the trumps:

<http://volity.org/resources/tarot/tarot-preview-trump.png>

I deliberately made the art quite simple and abstract, because a computer window with Zarcana in it will make the cards pretty small. I wanted to make sure that they wouldn't degrade into fuzz when scaled down. Also, the muted colors should ensure that when I draw pyramids on top of the cards, you can see the pyramids without being distracted by the art.

The symbolism strays pretty far from classic Tarot, I know. I never got into reading Tarot; I just collect decks sometimes. And I have my own ideas about some of the card meanings.

(To forestall questions: there is no on-line Zarcana yet. Nor Gnostica. :)

--Z

*
If the Bush administration hasn't subjected you to searches without a warrant,
it's for one reason: they don't feel like it. Not because you're innocent.