Re: [Rabbits] Demoing at otherRabbit's turf?

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 16 Nov 2006 17:54:19 -0500
SuperFred hasn't sent my report through.... but I do keep beating him at Javaquarius- he may be holding it against me.

I won't be going to the Aquarius Semo tonight. My little boy (DemoBunny Ki) got his cast off his arm today and requested a pizza/movie night with the family. So I will be having Pizza and watching Monster house insteadof hitting the game demo- so hopefully the next one will work out.

--Kimberly (kids sure do change my plans around a lot)
www.homeschoolblogger.com

On 11/16/06, Rev. Bob <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kristin <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  --On November 16, 2006  "Rev. Bob" < BOB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  > My main demo store is similar, without the membership bit (and
>  > their food/soda prices are reasonable).
>
>  is this store on our roster?

Not yet.  Just before I moved a couple of months back, I gave 'em
information on joining that roster.  Of course, as I'm still working my
way out of boxes, I haven't had much chance to follow up on that with
them....

>  and you don't have it listed on your bio, and it seems we only
>  have 10 stores listed in all of Tenessee.
>
>  <http://roster.looneylabs.com/?stateSearch=TN >
>
>  Please let us know about any store you know of that sells our games
>  but is not listed on our roster!  And please update your bio to
>  link to the store that you shop/play (or demo) at... Thanks!

I know of two within a couple of miles of each other - Gameboard at
Hamilton Place Mall (lotsa stock, no demo space) and The Dragon Caves on
Lee Highway (little stock, good demo space), both in Chattanooga, TN
around ZIP code 37421.  I need to run by those soon anyway; I have some
other news I need to alert them to....

> > I started demoing there by getting a couple of "ringers" to come
> > in and play games with me, which attracted attention from other
> > regulars.  Also, it's a good thing to be able to have a regular
> > demo day - as that way, if someone asks about a given product,
> > the store can pimp the demo as a way to try-before-you-buy.
> > Works out well all around.
>
> This is great advice, Bob - perfect for a 'how to set up a regular
> demo event at your local game store' advice column.  Would you like
> to contribute to such an article?  Anyone else want to help write
> something like this?

I wouldn't mind contributing to such.  I'm pretty new to the Demo Rabbit
world, but I've been a Steve Jackson Games MIB for almost a year now and
have learned a few tricks in that time....

>  Thank you for being a Demo Rabbit!
>
>  -Kristin

Speaking of which, I turned in a report 10/29 for an event that took
place 10/27-10/29, and the hotel was kind enough to fax the report card
in for me.  However, the point approval (or disapproval) hasn't gone
through yet.  Is this normal, or should I be concerned?  SuperFRED's
already sent my report to this list....