Re: [Rabbits] Demoing at otherRabbit's turf?

  • From"Daniel W. Johnson" <panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 15 Nov 2006 23:31:07 -0500
At 20:34 -0500 2006-11-15, Kimberly Terrill wrote:
And I really only like one store.LOL. This other one I will be demoing at (prob) is so samll and dank and if m y kids were go there to play their games they would have to pay $2 just be allowed to play. It's free at the store we already go to. Is it comon to chagre a fee just to play? (not like a fee for a booster pack buy-in)

I don't know how common it is. Retail stores generally pay rent based on the store area, without regard for how much of the space is stock for sale and how much is free gaming tables, so there would need to be enough margin on the stock to cover the "dead space". Some regard it as a form of marketing/advertising and don't expect direct revenue.

One comic store around here had tables for games in the back, with a $1 fee if you weren't otherwise buying anything that day (or paying a fee for a tournament). And if you played before buying, the $1 would be applied to the purchase. Most of their gaming business has been CCGs, which have a fairly high turnover and margin for a given amount of shelf space. (I've mostly stayed away from the money hole of CCGs, so I never checked whether a single pack would be a qualifying purchase.)
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx