Re: [Rabbits] Demoing at otherRabbit's turf?

  • From"Rev. Bob" <BOB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 16 Nov 2006 18:15:23 +0000
TheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh, and more on topic... the game store I frequent always had signs
> saying if you weren't a member ($20 quarterly, with approx 10% off
> merchandise) they'd charge... but I never saw 'em... Instead they
> bleed their money from overpriced pop and snacks (works for the
> movies I guess)
>
> I'm still trying to figure how to get people to play eclectic board
> games there... (it's mostly a CCG/Wargame crowd). Perhaps I'll just
> need to say some night's "Evan's screwy game of the week night with
> monkey"... that might work... now all I need is a monkey. (screwy
> games are not limited to LL stuff... I've still got a sack of
> SJ/CAG/AH/etc games... many of which I've never actually played.

My main demo store is similar, without the membership bit (and their
food/soda prices are reasonable).  I started demoing there by getting a
couple of "ringers" to come in and play games with me, which attracted
attention from other regulars.  Also, it's a good thing to be able to
have a regular demo day - as that way, if someone asks about a given
product, the store can pimp the demo as a way to try-before-you-buy.
Works out well all around.