Re: [Rabbits] Arisia 2007

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Dec 2006 10:28:21 -0600
If you're looking for info on Arisia (to be held in Cambridge MA, Jan 12-14 '07), you can go here:
http://2007.arisia.org/

cheers!!
Carol

On 12/4/06, Brian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx> wrote:
It's probably time (or past time, but that's never stopped me in the
past) to be thinking about demoing at Arisia 2007. Arisia's in a new
hotel this year, so I'm not sure what to expect from the gaming
space. Hopefully we'll have a nice open gaming space, that we can get
a corner of and always have games available to play and most of the
time have people available to demo them.

I liked the basic format of what we did last year. We had a couple of
scheduled times for demos, which got everyone together at particular
times to get critical mass for gaming, and then just had the games
available to play, and usually a couple of people around willing to
play, during most hours of the con. This year, I'll hopefully be able
to get our info in soon enough to get in the program book (crosses
fingers hoping it isn't too late already), which should make the
scheduled sessions an even better focusing point for our activities.

So, I'd like to know who's interested in helping out, and what
they're interested in doing. We could do it just like last year,
where there was a scheduled card games demo, a scheduled Icehouse
demo, and a scheduled Giant Icehouse demo, with the rest just people
hanging out and playing games. Other ideas are to have a floating
tournament of some sort (any suggestions for the game? Treehouse?
Martian Coasters? Homeworlds? RAMbots?), have official Werewolf
sessions, do it as an official Little Experiment, or whatever you
suggest.

So, let me know if you're coming, what you'd prefer to do, and if
there are any times that are better or worse for you, so I can get
back to the gaming coordinator.

See you at Arisia,
Brian