Re: [Rabbits] [Fluxx] Question for Ask Andy

  • From"Melissa Parish" <beautifulfool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 22 Mar 2007 08:05:24 -0500
We have a hard

On 3/22/07, Frank F. Smith <FrankSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Joseph Pate <jpate@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's only bad design if he didn't intend for HL0 to be "immune" to X=X+1
>
> Maybe in 4.0, HL0 could be renamed to "No Cards For You!"  ;-)

Frank>> Granting that for game purposes the text on the card controls its effect
rather than the title, but -- for me, "No Cards For You!" sounds more
like an Action than a Rule. Something like "The person who plays this
card designates one player who must immediately discard all cards in hand."

We made a card like that.  It's called Abandonment and you play it on someone else (or yourself, I suppose) and immediately draw a new hand of 3 cards (yes, the numeral 3).  Bonus points for anyone who knows what game the title of the card comes from.

But, back to the subject at hand.  I kinda like the sneakiness of the "any".  It adds a little twist that only careful readers of the cards would see.  Makes HL0 even nastier.  =)

~ Melissa