Re[2]: [Rabbits] [Fluxx] Question for Ask Andy

  • FromEric Haas <EricHaas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 21 Mar 2007 19:34:33 -0400

JK> Timothy Hunt writes:
>>It's because it's such an easy mistake to make that it happens so often.

JK> This is true, but it's also a sign of bad design.  We've always
JK> assumed that Hand Limit 0 said "you cannot hold more than 0" cards,
JK> because the other hand limits are worded this way, and it's something
JK> of an unpleasant surprise to learn that it isn't.

I don't think that is a sign of bad design; it's simply a sign of
Andy's inability to predict the future. It would only be bad design if
he had already been planning an X=X+1 card at the time he designed the
Hand Limit 0 card. "You cannot hold more than 0 cards" would be a
rather unnatural wording.