Re: [Rabbits] Pittsburgh! Three Rivers Arts Festival

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 3 Jun 2007 21:26:19 -0400
On 6/3/07, Elliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wrote:
> Let's meet just inside Point State Park proper, just after you
> cross under 279. We had good luck playing here two years ago.
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=40.441385,-80.00949&t=h&z=19

I'm told this area may be within a construction area right now,
but I'm not sure what to do about that.

There is going to be a concert in Market Square starting at 5:30,
so we can't use that as a backup location, and we got kicked out
of the PPG when we tried to play there two years ago.

There's a nice patch of grass here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=40.441662,-80.004056&spn=0.001803,0.003369&z=19&om=0

which would be very visible.  I'm not sure if it's in use for other
things though.  I also remember when I worked down town I found Mellon
Square Park very pleasant:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&t=h&om=0&ll=40.440962,-79.997461&spn=0.001803,0.003369&z=19

And there's also a nice grassy spot just east of there in the shadow
of Mellon One:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&t=h&om=0&ll=40.440325,-79.995567&spn=0.001803,0.003369&z=19

I'm not sure where the festival is mostly taking place, so I don't
know what's best.

--