Re: [Rabbits] no more hobby store.... I am sad - light on the horizon?

  • From"Steven R. Black II" <srblack1167@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 13 Sep 2007 07:00:35 -0700 (PDT)
--- Soldan McManus <soldan.mcmanus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In Kentucky we have:
> "Versailles" (pronounced as it looks VER-sales not the French
> VER-sigh)
Since I grew up going through Ver-sales Kentucky when I would read the
name in my College History class I'd read it like I knew it was
pronounced... Then had to actually ask a class mate why the Proff kept
talking about Ver-sigh. I was trying to find it in the book and had
the roughest time until my writing of the mid-term when the Prof
corrected my spelling of Versigh to Versailles. Gee! I'm glad I learn
by reading as well as I do lectures. Treatie of Ver-Sales I say!

Black