Re: [Rabbits] Adding More Characters to AYAW??

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 18 Sep 2007 15:08:33 -0400
On 9/18/07, Timothy Hunt <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> John [nominative] took Tracy's [genetive] ball [accusative] from the
> closet [dative].  Then he [nominative] put it [accusative] back in it
> [dative].

This is precisely the kind of thing I wish I had been taught in
school.  Stupid being just the wrong age and getting that useless
"write like you speak and write what you feel" garbage.

Apparently, where I grew up, they did it correctly until I was in
school and, upon realizing that it generated kids without any writing
skills, they switched back after I left.

I never heard the word "infinitive" until my first year of foreign
language in middle school.

--
  (for reference: I'm currently 28)