Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] TV Turnoff Week

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 6 Apr 2007 20:24:20 -0400
I do go for a no TV year. In fact, I've pretty much had a no TV life. My family never had a TV while I was growing up. I never had a TV in college (some of my roommates did, but they didn't watch much). And with my roommates that I'm living with now, I made a deal that we could get a Netflix subscription but not cable (and we have no reception for conventional TV where we are). Sure, I've watched TV on occasion, and I've watched a few shows on DVD, but there has never been a time in my life when I've watched TV on a regular basis.

Now, my internet addiction on the other hand... at least I fight that for two weeks out of every year when I go to Pennsic. But really, you should try going without TV for a while; you'll see how much you don't really need it, and how much time you have to do other things.