Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Volity Fluxx 3.1 online

  • FromAndrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 16 May 2006 23:29:53 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 16 May 2006, Daniel W. Johnson wrote:

At 13:24 -0400 2006-05-15, Andrew Plotkin wrote:
Now, slowing down the client's display makes me nervous too, because then there's a mismatch between what the client is receiving from the referee (server) and what the client is receiving from the player. The player is "lagged", for all practical purposes. In most on-line games, that's a *bad* thing. :)

But a good fast-forward control, combined with a player preference to control how fast changes tick in, should alleviate that.

What about a text history/log that the player can scroll back through if they wish? (Or does it already have something like that?)

There is already something like that (in the Fluxx UI), but it is primitive.

We are aware of the need for better game-history logging, and there are at least two mechanisms that I want to make available. A scrollable text channel (separate from the chat pane!) is one. The rewind/forward buttons are another. Both are a fair amount of work to get right, which is why they don't exist already. :)

--Z

*
It used to be that "conservatives" were in favor of smaller government,
fiscal responsibility, and tighter constraints on the Man's ability to
monitor you, arrest you, and control your life.