Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Volity Fluxx 3.1 online

  • From"S Mattison" <s.mattison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 16 May 2006 15:48:21 -0700
On 5/16/06, Doug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think Zarf's proposal was to have the UI present the card play to
the user in slo-mo by default (with configurable speed), and force the
player to fast-forward if he doesn't want to watch what happened, rather
than to rewind if he does.  So I think you're both in agreement.

I agree, a system which allows the user to cycle through moves, or see
them at the speed they want to, is technically a good idea. But I
think that no matter how fast a player or bot plays their moves, the
end user should see them at a usable speed. That doesn't mean slowing
down the bots and players, I guess, but placing bookmarks between all
the moves, so that the configurable speed in the UI file can sort it
out.