Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Quantum Fluxx as Origins (was Re: [Fluxx] mega-flux)

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 26 Jun 2007 08:09:40 -0500
Just want to let folks know that at Origins, I'll be running a game of what I called "Quantum Fluxx" - which is basically a mega-fluxx sort of deck.  The text in the con book says: "Come play Looney Labs' flagship game – gone wild. Every version of Fluxx currently in print will be mixed together to form one HUGE deck. It doesn't matter what language your cards are in – if you've got the winning combination, you're the victor! A cheat sheet will be provided for those not fluent in both Spanish and German, but you'll have to know what most of the cards do in English. The craziness of this game is only surpassed by the GM who it thought up."

The cards that I will include are 1 deck each of:
* Fluxx 3.1
* Fluxx Español
* Family Fluxx
* EcoFluxx
* German Fluxx
* Japanese Fluxx

The only thing that I will take out of the deck are the extra Basic Rules cards.  Yes, this means that there will be 3 "Love" cards in the deck - and that you can win with any one of them if any of the AYNIL cards is out.  Language won't matter - a German "Love" together with a Japanese "Peace" wins if the English "Hippyism" is the goal.

My question to the group is:  since the con-book write-up says it will include "every version of Fluxx currently in print" should I include Fluxx 3.0 (as it IS available in Flowers & Fluxx)?  It is out of print and replaced by 3.1, but it IS available.  Thoughts?

Also, because of the way this is worded, Stoner Fluxx won't be in the mix.  Thoughts?

And I thought about including promo cards - I am currently not including them because all the demo decks we play with at Origins are always "vanilla" decks.  Thoughts on that?

thanks!
Carol

On 6/26/07, mice r.r. <miceland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry, here is the list