Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: Quantum Fluxx as Origins (was Re: [Fluxx] mega-flux)

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 26 Jun 2007 09:09:29 -0500

On 6/26/07, Timothy Hunt <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/26/07, Carol Townsend <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My question to the group is:  since the con-book write-up
> says it will include "every version of Fluxx currently in
> print" should I include Fluxx 3.0 (as it IS available in Flowers & Fluxx)?
> It is out of print and replaced by 3.1, but it IS available.  Thoughts?

"Out of print" is what the book says.  I think it's fine without 3.0.
after all, we've already got 3 of most cards, would putting 3.0 in
really add anything?

> Also, because of the way this is worded, Stoner Fluxx
> won't be in the mix.  Thoughts?

I think that's fine - although I've not been to origins before, I get
the impression that it's intended to be pretty family friendly.
Notwithstanding the Looney's views on cannabis, I can imagine that
some parents would be... discomfited if they saw their kids playing
it.

HHmmmm... checking The Book again, it does say that Stoner may be part of the mix - and I did set the age at 18+, so that's fine....

> And I thought about including promo cards - I am currently not including
> them because all the demo decks we play with at Origins are always "vanilla"
> decks.  Thoughts on that?

Promo cards are special, and they aren't part of a "version of Fluxx
currently in print".  Promo cards aren't available for sale either.

Um... yes they are Timothy - at least, some of them are....

http://www.looneylabs.com/OurStores/product.html?ProductID=208

What about the Religious Fluxx expansions?  They too aren't
technically part of a "version of Fluxx currently in print", but they
are in print and available for retail sale, unlike promo cards.

Ah... yes... I should put those in.  Got it.  :)

In that case, what about the 7 card pack that will be on sale at Origins?  Should I add that in? They are technically "promo" cards....

Carol
--
iChat/AIM, MSN and Yahoo: MadLabRabbits
direct line: 630.448.4946