Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] RE: Must draw first?

  • From"Bob Winans" <rwinans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 6 Oct 2007 21:31:52 -0400

Everyone:

I have received some off-list e-mail telling me how wrong I am,

I am not angry about them, but I would like to set anyone’s conception of my stance straight.

The original question (not posed by me) was MUST you draw first.

Since the rules don’t state you must, then I would have to say: No you don’t have to draw first, but you MUST draw during your turn.

The rule also don’t state that that you can do any phase in any order

Now, I always draw first and play second.

It only seems logical.

If you were playing at my table with my deck, you would draw first and play second. (If necessary I would make this a house rule)

If however you personally feel that you want to have the option to play first and then draw…. Knock yourself out.

It would add a twist to the game dynamic. But make sure all the players are aware of this possibility. Make it your own house rule.

If there is going to be a sanctioned FLUXX tournament, then an official Looney Labs ruling would be in order.

Otherwise…. Can we end this thread and go back to having fun!?!

-Bob

P.S. the rules also don’t state that you can’t hit you opponents over the head with a dead fish….. But I feel that doing so would be in bad form J (unless it was a house rule)

-Bob