Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] RE: Must draw first?

  • From"James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 8 Oct 2007 18:55:08 -0500
Hm. Well, I stand corrected. However, Andy, I hope that you can explain the things that I thought definitively proved Draw Before Play.

Like the back of the 1 and 2.0 edition boxes ("Draw one card and then play one card."). Does this represent a change from 2.0? Or was the text on the old box incorrect?

Also, the text on each "Draw" rule seem to assume that the player has already drawn for the turn. Further, why does the player have to " immediately draw extra cards" if there was no pressing timeline in the first place? Will the text on these cards change in subsequent editions to accommodate those who prefer to Play before Draw?

I'm not disputing your decision, Andy. I totally accept it. I'm just curious as to your logic on these issues.

James