Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] RE: Must draw first?

  • FromChris Goodwin <cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 07 Oct 2007 10:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 6 Oct 2007, Bob Winans wrote:

The original question (not posed by me) was MUST you draw first.

Since the rules don't state you must, then I would have to say: No you don't
have to draw first, but you MUST draw during your turn.

Just my opinion here.

If, for instance, the turn begins with Draw 1, and someone plays Draw 4 during their turn, then they need to draw three more cards before their turn ends. If it's, for instance, Draw 1 Play 3, if your second play was Draw 4, then you would have drawn one and played two before your additional draws came into effect.

So, yeah, I would say you don't need to draw first, but you need to draw before your turn ends. I'm not sure why someone would ever play before completing their draws, but IMO one could if one wanted to.

--
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx