Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] RE: Must draw first?

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 7 Oct 2007 18:45:49 -0500
I think sometimes we are so used to knowing the rules that we forget
to read what it actually says on the cards.  That's how most people
missed the "may" ignore the hand limit, because you already (thought
you) knew how to play

On 10/7/07, Chris Goodwin <cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If, for instance, the turn begins with Draw 1, and someone plays Draw
> 4 during their turn, then they need to draw three more cards before
> their turn ends.  If it's, for instance, Draw 1 Play 3, if your second
> play was Draw 4, then you would have drawn one and played two before
> your additional draws came into effect.

What does it say on the card?
---
Draw 4
Draw 4 cards per turn.

The person who played this card should immediately draw extra cards
(if needed) so that they have drawn 4 cards this turn.
---

So, the player of the card should immediately draw the extra cards,
and because it's extra cards, the card assumes you've already drawn
one or some beforehand. And it still assumes that if it's the first
card you play.  Therefore it's assuming that you've drawn some cards
before you played any.

So, yes, draw first.

Timothy