Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Zombie's double-wide box?

  • FromDavid Schuetz <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Oct 2007 10:06:08 -0400
I was also surprised by the box that Zombie Fluxx came in...wasn't expecting that, but the argument that it's better for retailers makes sense.

Side question: Did anyone notice that the postcard had a different name for the game -- something like "Zombie Fluxx: Uprising" or somesuch?  Was that an earlier name that got changed, or is it an official subtitle?

Back to the topic of boxes... I'd ordered the Pandora's box, thinking I could put all my fluxx stuff in there, but apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention 'cause it's really fairly small.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice box (not necessarily wooden, but sturdy nonetheless) that I can use to house all my Fluxx cards?  I've got everything (except Japanese Fluxx, the religious boosters, and early promos), so it's really quite an unmanageable pile on my bookshelf right now.  Bonus points if there are dividers and space for some kind of notes (folded sheet of paper) to help me verify that I've got all my cards back at the end of the game.

I'd want to keep most of the decks in their tuck cases, but a couple (Zombie and German Fluxx) would probably have to sit in the box loose, unless it's a wider box.  I'd probably also put other card games (regular cards, Guillotine, etc.) in the box, too, if it's big enough.

I figure there are enough card-based games out there that there oughta be a good solution already, but I'm not a really serious gamer and so wouldn't know where to start looking...

david.