Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Why You Can't Apply the Hand Limit During Your Turn

  • FromGeir Sverdrup <geirhsverdrup@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 11 Oct 2007 17:40:29 +0000
Well I wrote too soon, I was directed to the Card itself. Where the turn player is given the option to ignore.
Guess we never fully read the car, My bad.

From: geirhsverdrup@xxxxxxx
To: fluxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Fluxx] Why You Can't Apply the Hand Limit During Your Turn
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:29:45 +0000

I just have to chime in. The Rules For FLUXX In Detail clearly state. "When a new rule is played, place it face up near the Basic Rules. If it contradicts a New Rule already in play, discard that rule. New rules take effect INSTANTLY, so ALL PLAYERS must IMMEDIATELY follow the rule as required." I know the next line states that other player may have to discard but I believe that the statement is truly quite clear. New rules are instantaneous and all players are required to comply immediately.

I have never been in a game where the "Turn" player gets to ignore any portion of a New Rule. Just my 2 cents worth.