Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Zombie's double-wide box?

  • From"Bob Winans" <rwinans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 12 Oct 2007 11:17:56 -0400
At my FLGS (and I am sure yours as well) there are clear plastic card boxes.
(usually for sports cards) there are two types, the thin plastic type with
the hinges (that always break), and the thicker plastic type that slide
together.

If you get the second style, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

I have both type and in either instance the entire box (including the fluxx
box) fit inside the case.

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: fluxx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fluxx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Schuetz
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:06 AM
To: Fluxx Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Fluxx] Zombie's double-wide box?

I was also surprised by the box that Zombie Fluxx came in...wasn't expecting
that, but the argument that it's better for retailers makes sense.

Side question: Did anyone notice that the postcard had a different name for
the game -- something like "Zombie Fluxx: Uprising" or somesuch?  Was that
an earlier name that got changed, or is it an official subtitle?

Back to the topic of boxes... I'd ordered the Pandora's box, thinking I
could put all my fluxx stuff in there, but apparently I wasn't paying close
enough attention 'cause it's really fairly small.  Does anyone have a
suggestion for a nice box (not necessarily wooden, but sturdy nonetheless)
that I can use to house all my Fluxx cards?  I've got everything (except
Japanese Fluxx, the religious boosters, and early promos), so it's really
quite an unmanageable pile on my bookshelf right now.  Bonus points if there
are dividers and space for some kind of notes (folded sheet of paper) to
help me verify that I've got all my cards back at the end of the game.

I'd want to keep most of the decks in their tuck cases, but a couple (Zombie
and German Fluxx) would probably have to sit in the box loose, unless it's a
wider box.  I'd probably also put other card games (regular cards,
Guillotine, etc.) in the box, too, if it's big enough.

I figure there are enough card-based games out there that there oughta be a
good solution already, but I'm not a really serious gamer and so wouldn't
know where to start looking...

david.