Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Dead Friends Question

  • From"lisa" <NeysaLMD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 12 Oct 2007 10:30:54 -0400
I am adding some questions that a friend taht isnt on the list has asked:

Couple of more thoughts on this.  I know he and I spoke during Origins and he was going to re-think the wording, and now need to know:

 Does it lose its Friend status just because it is now a Creeper?  In another words, is it a Creeper-Zombie instead of a Keeper-Friend or is it a Creeper-Zombie-Friend?

 Also, while it is in your hand it is a Keeper-Friend, but what about in the discard pile?  Return from the Dead brings Creeper-Zombies back.  Does it bring back dead Creeper-Zombie-Friends?

 ?

 I am also curious on the Hand Limit rules change.

 Question:  Do you make the choice of whether to comply or not (during your own turn) once or can you choose after each move you make?

 Example #1:

Already on the Table:  Hand Limit 2.  Draw 3.  Play 4.  Currently have no cards in hand.

I Draw 3.

Choose to discard down to Hand Limit 2.

I play ?Jackpot!?  I draw 3 cards.

Do I have the option to AGAIN discard down to Hand Limit 2?

 Example #2:

Already on the Table:  Hand Limit 2.  Draw 3.  Play 4.  Currently have 2 cards in hand.

I Draw 3

Choose to not discard down to Hand Limit 2.

I play ?Everybody gets 1?.

Can I now choose to Discard down to Hand Limit 2?

 Example #3:

Already on the Table:  Hand Limit 2.  Draw 3.  Play 4.  Currently have 2 cards in hand.

I Draw 3

Choose to not discard down to Hand Limit 2.

I play ?Taxation?.

Can I now choose to Discard down to Hand Limit 2 after each person hands me a card, or do I have to wait until I receive all the cards to make that choice?

 Example #4:

Already on the Table:  Hand Limit 2.  Draw 3.  Play 4.  Currently have 2 cards in hand.

I Draw 3

I choose to discard down to Hand Limit 2.

I discard my first card (from 5 down to 4)

Can I now choose not to discard down to Hand Limit 2?