Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Zombie's double-wide box?

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 11 Oct 2007 07:25:16 -0400
David S. wrote:
I'd want to keep most of the decks in their tuck cases, but a couple
 (Zombie and German Fluxx) would probably have to sit in the box loose,
 unless it's a wider box.  I'd probably also put other card games
 (regular cards, Guillotine, etc.) in the box, too, if it's big enough.

I figure there are enough card-based games out there that there oughta
 be a good solution already, but I'm not a really serious gamer and so
 wouldn't know where to start looking...

You're right in suspecting that solutions already exist. A wide variety
of them are available, mostly intended for collectible card games, but
useful for any types of cards.

If you don't have a friendly local game store, try a friendly local
sports-card store. These days they're well aware that gamers use their
products, too. Solutions are available for numbers from dozens to
thousands of cards, at price points from a couple dollars to a couple
hundred dollars. If you ask for "boxes for storing a few hundred game
cards" they should know what you mean.

I am a big fan of the corrugated cardboard storage boxes that come flat
and you fold up yourself. They are cheap, durable, and easy to decorate.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx