Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Unanswered questions for the Monty Python FAQ

  • From"Buddha Buck" <blaisepascal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 1 Dec 2008 13:04:45 -0500
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Bryan Stout <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quick, while Andy's in FAQ mode, maybe these can be added:

I'm not Andy, but here's how I'd answer it....

> 1.  Can The Animator count as the Finger of God for the Goal The Meaning Of
> Life?
> (I've been debating this on a thread at BoardGameGeek:
> http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/359697)

Other FAQs about The Animator (specifically, can you smite with The
Animator) indicate that when appropriate, The Animator is exactly
equivalent to the FoG.  As such, I'd say that it counts as the FoG for
goals (unless there is something specific about the TMOL goal I don't
know about, not owning MPF yet).

> 2.  If Double Agenda is on the table, and both Goals require a Creeper (eg.
> Rabbits of DOOM and He Bravely Ran Away), can you win by fulfilling both
> Goals?
>
> 3.  Draw 2 and I Just Want To Sing! are on the table.  I draw 2, sing a new
> Python song to draw 2 more, and play Draw 3.  Do I get to draw a 3rd card or
> not?

I have never counted draws made as part of an action in the Draw N
count.  I wouldn't count extra draws made because of this rule either.

Consider the situation:  The rules are Draw 2 and Brain Bonus (which I
have).  I draw three (2+bonus), play Shuffle Keepers, and no longer
have the Brain.  I then play Draw 3.  Do I get to draw again?  I'd say
yes.