Re: [Icehouse] (no subject)

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 28 Dec 2005 14:25:42 -0600
third200@xxxxxxx writes:
>Hello All.
>  Some of you may recognize me from other lists. I'm Michael, Rabbit:
>"2percentright"
>  I was contacted a little while ago by a rabbit that will be running
>demo's in my neck of the woods, and asked if i could help. He said he
>would appreciate all the help he could get, but he SPECIFICALLY needed
>someone to demo Icehouse games. I finally scrounge the money together
>and bought a complete Icehouse set, now i just need to learn some
>games. Volcano looks like a blast. Homeworlds looks interesting, etc.

Top games to learn, IMO:

Volcano: fun party game.  Excellent 2 person strategy game.

Ice Towers: best intro game for many players.  Very visual, fast
 moving.  note that it has a stall issue between novice players who
 will have problems figuring out how to avoid simply making the same
 actions endlessly; seeding with experienced players will help with
 this.

Zendo: Most addictive game, and the one most different from other
games.  Very contemplative, requires a lot of thought.  Try to keep
games down to 4 students, as too many students will cause an annoying
wait between turns that degrades the dialogue and makes the game less
fun.

Other good games: RAMbots, Homeworlds, Gnostica, Zarcana, Pikeman.

>  Any suggestions on how to go about teaching myself the games, what
>games to learn, and such, so i'm prepared for the 'Con in February?

Anyone in Indiana (aside from Michael, of course)?

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--  "Remember the Doom Team code!" says Tom.       /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'