Re: [Icehouse] (no subject)

  • FromCarlton Noles <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 28 Dec 2005 16:22:50 -0500
A note to add for experiments and mini experiments make sure that at least three of the main Looney games are covered. go to the site to see which ones they are. Learn some of the other games by playing them as it is always good to know extra things to do with the pieces. Super Duper Games is a great place to learn additional Icehouse games as Aaron mentioned. I play there frequently (I would be Kermit). It is in fact where I learned Homeworlds (one of my favorites). I read the rules several times but didn't really see how the game worked until playing it online. Again learn a couple of core games, then learn some extras. Icehouse peices have become indispensible in my gaming!

Have Fun!

--
Carlton "Kermit" Noles
==================

On 12/28/05, Aaron Dalton <aaron@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
third200@xxxxxxx wrote:
>  Any suggestions on how to go about teaching myself the games, what
> games to learn, and such, so i'm prepared for the 'Con in February?
> regards
>  ~michael~

Super Duper Games (http://superdupergames.org) has a number of Icehouse
games freely available online including:
- Homeworlds
- Martian Chess
- Pikemen
- Branches, Twigs, and Thorns
- Sprawl
- Blam!

That might be a good place to start if you can't find any live opponents.

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
aaron@xxxxxxxxxx   |   http://superdupergames.org