[Icehouse] (no subject)

  • Fromaaron@xxxxxxxxxx
  • DateWed, 12 Oct 2005 13:09:32 -0600 (MDT)
A question regarding Sprawl rules has arisen.  The rule in question is:

Branch points coming off of the side of a branch point must point away
from the source branch point.

In speaking with Jonathan (months ago), we had the following exchange.

--BEGIN EXCHANGE--
> 2) Do branch points have to point directly away from the tower/
> point they are branching from?  Or can they be placed at a 90
> degree angle?

I had to re-read the rules myself to find this rule:

"Branch points coming off of a tower must point away from the tower.
Any size piece can branch off of a tower."

I think I made that rule deliberately to create places that would be
safe to build competing towers nearby newly-built existing towers.
It'd be interesting to see what would happen if you could do
otherwise.  I suspect that it'd make building towers a little trickier.

- Jonathan
--END EXCHANGE--

For this reason, the current SDG implementation only allows branches to
point directly away from their source.  That said, the image at the bottom
of the Invisible City rules page shows a position that does not hold to
this rule.  I am writing this to the Icehouse list as well for feedback.
What rule is used by most players of this game?  Would it be valuable for
me to include a variant that does not include this rule?

I hope this clarifies the issue and I look forward to hearing from more
experienced players of the game.

Cheers!
Aaron
http://superdupergames.org