Re: [Icehouse] two Treehouse questions

  • FromAndrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 3 May 2006 11:03:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 3 May 2006, Carol Townsend wrote:

Remember also that the "no passing" rule gets a bit weird here.  If
you can do something on your own trio, youv'e got to do that, even if
you've rolled a wild.  The only way you can pass is (a) you roll a
wild  (b) you pick an action that you CAN'T do on your Tree but you
can do on the House and (c) you choose not to do that action on the
House.  If you pick something that you can't do on either, then you
roll again.  If you pick something that you can do to your Tree and
the House, you can pick which one you do it on.

Great. That's the opposite of the way I implemented it (and have been playing it.) It also seems like an unfortunate level of doublethink: "I'm going to pick Dig because I can't apply it to my trio, and then I'll decide not to do it to the House!" The way I've been playing, wild means what it says: play any (valid) action on your trio or the House.

I see that the rule notes specify your interpretation, but I was going by the label when I learned to play.

--Z

*
It's a nice distinction to tell American soldiers (and Iraqis) to die in
Iraq for the sake of democracy (ignoring the question of whether it's
*working*) and then whine that "The Constitution is not a suicide pact."