[Icehouse] Re: two Treehouse questions

  • From"Eric Wald" <eswald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 3 May 2006 08:14:54 -0700
Carol Townsend wrote:
> 1) W trumps G
> You pick an action, and apply it to either the trio or the house.
> You may choose to apply it to the house even if the action you picked
> could be applied to your trio.

This is the right interpretation.  Wild trumps general rule.  You pick
an action AND you choose where to play it.

This is how we've been playing, as well.

Remember also that the "no passing" rule gets a bit weird here.  If
you can do something on your own trio, youv'e got to do that, even if
you've rolled a wild.  The only way you can pass is (a) you roll a
wild  (b) you pick an action that you CAN'T do on your Tree but you
can do on the House and (c) you choose not to do that action on the
House.  If you pick something that you can't do on either, then you
roll again.  If you pick something that you can do to your Tree and
the House, you can pick which one you do it on.

This is excessively confusing.  It would probably be better to have the
"no passing" rule trump the wild rule.

> P.S.: Was the ascii-art treehouse notation clear?
>         < = left leaning        3 = large piece
>         ^ = upright             2 = medium piece
>         > = right leaning       1 = small piece
>             stacks are listed top to bottom
>
> Ex.:    Initial House: <3 ^1 >2
>         Initial Tree:  ^1,2,3
>         A Nest:        ^3,2,1

Yeah!  This was great!  Totally understandable, especially now that I
see how you're notating Trees and Nests.  Cool!!

I agree.  The only thing I would do to improve it is to use slashes
instead of commas, to make the stacks explicit.
           Initial Tree:  ^1/2/3
           A Nest:        ^3/2/1

- Eric