Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse Rules handout - please proof!

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 19 Jun 2006 16:29:35 -0400
I don't think the section is off-putting, but it does feel a little out of place on the front page, before what you *can* do is explained.

I think these look pretty good, but a little visually busy. There are lots of things that are surrounded by boxes, and it gets a bit much, especially since everything is in black and white so there isn't anything much to highlight the diagrams themselves. I think that you should try to remove as many of the boxes as possible while still making it clear what's going on. Something that might help is instead of surrounding two pictures next to each other with boxes (like the diagrams under the winning condition), just use a single vertical bar to separate them, or maybe just the empty space would be enough. In other places, like where there are blocks of text above each other that need to be distinguished, a short horizontal bar might be sufficient. This is mostly a stylistic thing, but I think it could help.