Re: [Icehouse] icehouse stashes on ebay

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateThu, 11 Jan 2007 14:47:43 +0000
From: Dale Newfield <Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Well, here's a cheap way to get some more opaque colors using Eeyore's
> instructions:  6 white stashes on ebay:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270078180581

Cheap pyramids of any color are nice for pieceniking, but I think the White are the best.

 - White is a good background for painting.
 - White allows you to make a Skeleton Crew stash (http://home.att.net/~kerry_and_ryan/Dcp_0259.jpg) without needing paint.
 - Any color works if you're going to cover them in origami or wrapping paper.

Opaque pyramids allow more game flexibility.  Any game that usually uses transparent colors can be played with opaque ones and a little finaggling.  However if a game relies on the opacity of the pieces to hide information, then it's hard to simulate that with transparent.

Or you could set up 5 1/3 stashes on a 5x5 board and challenge someone to a game of Monochrome Volcano just to see how they react.  :-)

Ryan