RE: [Icehouse] Design Competition?

  • DateThu, 12 Jul 2007 10:57:00 -0700
While more SuperDuperGames is cool and a noble goal on its own; and while a "Designers Showdown" tournament would also be cool; I'd suggest just revoting if there's a perfect tie for first (I do not consider ties for lower places to be relevant, as they will end up even lower after a runoff for first; YMMV).

Have folks submit a runoff vote between the games tied for first, which could be a much simpler, straight-up, pick-one balloting. The subsequent pick-one tallies would, then, push down the not-tied-for-first games to their final places.

I'd give, say, a week to vote the tie-breaker, if necessary. After all, the games have been played by then; it's just a reassessment (by voters) amongst a far more limited set of choices.

David
> Cool idea, but if the designers are in say, England, Illinois, and
> Oregon, how is that logistically going to happen?

A super fast translation to superdupergames?