RE: [Icehouse] Design Competition?

  • FromKristin <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 12 Jul 2007 18:59:08 -0400
(Maybe Kristin or Andy could come in here and relieve us of
infinite vote regress with a simple suggestion of what they
and Looney Labs feel is best at this time, in terms of their
own promotions and initiatives?)

I don't think it really matters to us. It would certainly help
us more, from a marketing perspective, if the new games all
require some number of Treehouse sets, rather than the old
standard 4 color 60 piece Icehouse set  -  but I don't think
it makes that much difference if it's 1 Treehouse set or 2 sets
or 3 sets...  I guess less pyramids is certainly better... but I
really don't want to dictate what you guys do with this contest.

The idea of a 2HOUSE contest is interesting...  but really, for
this next contest, I don't think you want to limit it too much,
since all sorts of people have games they have been waiting to
enter, and I would hate for them not to be able to enter because
of a chosen theme...

I am excited you are doing another contest!

P.S. If more than a week or so goes by and I haven't updated this
page with a mention of Treehouse winning Best Board Game of 2006
please nag me!  <http://www.looneylabs.com/whybuy/treehouse.html>