RE: [Icehouse] Design Competition?

  • FromDale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 12 Jul 2007 14:00:41 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, David Artman wrote:

While more SuperDuperGames is cool and a noble goal on its own; and while a "Designers Showdown" tournament would also be cool; I'd suggest just revoting if there's a perfect tie for first

Condorcet Ranked Pairs obviates the need for tie breakers anyway.

(I realize now that perhaps I wasn't too clear when I said I thought any Condorcet method was better than IRV, but that you needed a way to break out of Condorcet "ties" (cycles, really); Ranked Pairs is a Condorcet sub-method which does that. Apoligies for any confusion I caused.)

--
Dale Sheldon
dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx