[Icehouse] Today's lightbulb! (was: Monochrone Stashes)

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 02 Aug 2007 13:04:53 -0400

Reading the piecenik subthread on the monochrome stash discussion
reignited an old problem for me. There's no reason you can't play
two-stash games like Martian Mud Wrestling with one Xeno and one
Rainbow Treehouse set, except for the fact that keeping track of
which colors belong with which set is something of a pain.

Today I realized that if you take a Treehouse set and decorate all
15 pieces with the same motif (for instance, gold racing stripes)
then even though the set is still multicolored, it can function as
a monochrome stash for many games.

This also works the other way around, of course. Taking a stash
and painting the 15 pieces with 5 different motifs (for instance:
red stars, blue stripes, green swirls, yellow dots, and white
triangles) enables an old monochrome stash to function as a
Treehouse set for many games.

Not something that really addresses the problem at hand, but just
another thing for the piecenik-inclined to consider.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx