Re: [Icehouse] Monochrone Stashes - LAST CHANCE TO BUY

  • FromAlan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 1 Aug 2007 23:42:04 -0400
On Aug 1, 2007, at 10:40 PM, swandive78@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I like to support the Looneys, and have for years, but I feel I must voice my opinion on this. They haven't gone to China for manufacturing (and thus save a lot of costs) because they kept to their principles of American manufacturing; why should they feel this stash-to-tree change (un-friendly to their long-time consumers) should be made for purely financial reasons? Where is the hippy reciprocity?

I'm a "long-time consumer" of Looney Labs games, and I don't see anything un-friendly about Treehouse. On the contrary, it's the only Icehouse pyramid game that I've seen actually draw people to it.

Granted, you now have to buy five tubes instead of four in order to play a game designed for the old way of doing things. But if you're a long-time consumer, you probably already have the stashes you need to play those, right? And what you call "purely financial reasons" has been adequately demonstrated as making the difference between having Icehouse pyramids for sale and...not.

As for reciprocity--didn't Kristin just announce that stashes of grey pyramids are included in the LAST CHANCE, available not only Rabbits but to everyone? Don't the Looneys give out free promotional cards that are actually useful in their games?

I'm honestly curious. Besides your personal lack of enthusiasm for the game whose rules are now on the package, what do you think makes the Treehouse concept an unfriendly change?