RE: [Icehouse] Monochrone Stashes - LAST CHANCE TO BUY

  • Fromswandive78@xxxxxxxxx
  • DateWed, 1 Aug 2007 23:36:09 -0500
Thanks for your responses to my posting.  And now my responses to your responses:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Lewis (Home)"
To: "'Icehouse Discussion List'"
Subject: RE: [Icehouse] Monochrone Stashes - LAST CHANCE TO BUY
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 22:24:52 -0500

I second that!

From: icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Kice
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 10:22 PM
To: Icehouse Discussion List

Long time customers (such as yourself) who are fans of Icehouse probably have all the single-color stashes (or, at the very least, the ones that they want for their favorite games).

But what happens when I want a single stash, or two, for a gift or for myself...in a few months?

The simple truth is that Treehouse is selling (actually selling out!) and is an approachable "newbie" friendly entry into the Icehouse world.

That's nice, but that's not my point.  I'm glad it's selling well, as I want the Looneys to be a viable company.  However, as for me, outside of the rabbits, I haven't seen anyone who felt it was a good entry to Icehouse.  But that is a matter of taste.

It's the same reason your game store at the mall carries 20 versions of Monopoly and a bunch of tacky chess sets.

Not at all.  The reason the game store at the mall carries 20 versions of Monopoly is a very different series of economic issues.

It's not for their hard core audience but rather to pay the rent.

In the long run, not offering single stashes does not, in itself, make more money for them.

As a fan of Icehouse, I want to see it become a viable commercial product because it means the Looneys can introduce new products in the line and do other cool things because they can afford to.  If it wasn't about being a financial concern, they'd still be pouring molds in their living room.

The issue isn't about LL being a financial concern.  Re-read my post, please.

Also - when have the Looneys never given back to their supporters?

Not a point in question.  They have often done so.

  If Treehouse becomes a smash hit, I'm sure they will do as they always do and reward the loyalty of their fans.

Also not a point in question.  My point is that I feel "traditional" Icehouse is no longer being supported with raw materials, and I was voicing an opinion.

--
Enter the Bourne Ultimatum Sweepstakes
View Trailer, Win Free Prizes. In Theaters 08.03.07