Re: [Icehouse] Monochrone Stashes - LAST CHANCE TO BUY

  • Fromswandive78@xxxxxxxxx
  • DateThu, 2 Aug 2007 22:52:13 -0500
Thanks for the reply.  My replies below yours, marked by arrows.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Goodwin"
To: "Icehouse Discussion List"
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Monochrone Stashes - LAST CHANCE TO BUY
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:22:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, swandive78@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> True. And there, I have, with many other fans, supported LL for at least
> the past seven years. I have bought almost all their games, have given
> them over and over again as gifts, and have introduced many people to LL
> games. And I plan to continue the process. I'll support them with
> dollars a lot more if I can get what I want to buy. I'll be a lot more
> reluctant to buy Treehouse tubes than stash tubes.

But you've already said elsewhere that you've bought all of the
single stash colors. You're no longer the target audience for
single stashes.

>>>Wrong.  I have bought many more stashes than just my collection.  I regularly give them as gifts.  If a company told me I was not their target audience when I wanted to buy something from them, I'd probably decide they were not my target vendor.  See "hubris."

The fact that sales are much better for Treehouse
than for single stashes, or even for Icehouse or the other
four-stash packages, is a pretty loud statement by the market.

>>>True.  Why does everyone miss the difference between "Treehouse sells better than Icehouse stashes" and "nobody buys Icehouse stashes?"  There's a world of difference in the two statements, and one is blatantly false.
Should you abandon your core market just because you have discovered a new market?

In business, demand isn't "a bunch of people telling you they want
something." Demand is what people buy.

>>>I'm in the retail business.  I realize the customer is not always right.  Money defines demand.
When we sell a hundred items, it's a good idea to reorder, even if we also have an item that sells five hundred.

-- Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx