RE: [Icehouse] Monochrone Stashes - LAST CHANCE TO BUY

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 2 Aug 2007 16:54:37 -0400
> Maybe gray could live on as the sole monochrome stash offering in a
> treehouse world? I don't know if that makes sense for the way
> the molds are constructed, though.

The current mold makes one trio at a time, with attached cold runner
(http://www.wunderland.com/icehouse/KLONvisit.10.15.99/Default.html).  The
replacement molds are described in the Weekly News from April 25, 2005
(http://www.wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2005/WN.04.21.05.html): "What we need
before we can make any more Icehouse sets is a trio of new molds, each of
which makes 5 pieces at a time, with hot runner gating. And a new molding
system like that is going to cost tens of thousands of dollars to create,
which of course is way more money than we have available."

So the point is that pyramids are either made in bulk in trios (currently)
or in bulk in a single size (future), but either way it's going to be runs
of a single color at a time, so it doesn't really make much difference (from
a manufacturing standpoint) between sets and stashes.