Re: [Icehouse] Anyone willing to split a Xeno set order?

  • FromJeff Zeitlin <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 22 Aug 2007 10:41:25 -0400
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:30:21 -0400, "Christopher Hickman"
<tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> but that'd still be cheaper than buying 5 Xeno
>> sets and reconfiguring them to monochrome.

>Huh?  How is $16 < $10?  If the original poster gets folks interested in
>splitting the costs, they end up with a $10 stash, with a bonus Treehouse
>die.  Your logic confounds me.

If you go for cost-splitting a large purchase, yes, you can bring the
cost down - but that only works if you can find enough people to split
the cost with.  Right now, I haven't seen enough announced takers to
make it worth the cost. Five Treehouse stashes is going to cost $50; if
the original poster can't find people to take four stashes from the
five, (s)he'll be paying at least $20 - and getting an extra stash that
(s)he doesn't need in the process.  How is that paying less than $16 for
the one stash that's been identified as needed?