Re: [Icehouse] Anyone willing to split a Xeno set order?

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 22 Aug 2007 09:57:39 -0500

On 8/22/07, Matthew Twomey <mtwomey@xxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
[snip]

Since it's just a packaging difference, I'm not getting
why they don't continue to offer it online? There seems to still be
interest....?

My guess is that it's based on the packaging costs.  Not the "sticker, tube, tape" costs...it's the "we need to pay someone to package them up like this" costs.  A further guess is that because the Looneys have been making/selling Treehouse, that is how it comes to them from the manufacturer.

They're out of mono-stashes.  To make more mono-stashes, it would require:
 - going to the warehouse and picking up a bunch of Treehouse stashes
 - taking apart current Treehouse stashes
 - having extra tubes and Mono-stash stickers made
 - sorting and filling the new mono-stash tubes, putting new stickers on, etc
 - boxing each mono-stash tube into a separate box (for SKU separation at the warehouse)
 - returning these new mono-stashes to the warehouse.
 - boxing the extra dice and rules inserts for... later use?

And guess who would do this work?  Not the warehouse folks - they're too busy with their warehouse/shipping business.  Nope, the folks who would do this work are Alison, Kristin, Robin and Andy.  There are only so many hours in a day, and they can either do things like "all the work necessary to get Zombie Fluxx to you before Halloween" (and that's a lot, I can tell you) or they can take apart Treehouse stashes to make mono-stashes.

The other possibility for making more mono-stashes is simply to manufacture them as such.  They don't sell in the sort of quantities that make this a viable option. Treehouse does.

Kristin and Andy have made the decision to go Treehouse only, fully knowing that there's always going to be interest in mono-stashes.  From where I sit, I think it's the right one for their very very small company at this point in time.

Carol

--
iChat/AIM, MSN and Yahoo: MadLabRabbits
skype-in line 630.448.4946