[Icehouse] IGDC Winter (and beyond)

  • DateThu, 04 Oct 2007 08:17:47 -0700
Hi, folks;

I am just pinging the list to remind folks that there are (somewhat
stalled) discussions on the wiki about the following proposed changes to
the Icehouse Game Design Competition (IGDC) Procedures:

* Design Restriction: by mechanic, product, theme, or none (for Winter
only; will re-poll for future IGDCs)
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Icehouse_Game_Design_Competition#Next_Competition_Design-Restricted.3F
** Currently, this discussion is wide open, with a variety of opinions
to be narrowed down into a poll.

* Designers Judging: rank their own games freely, automatically in first
place, or not at all (all IGDCs)
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Icehouse_Game_Design_Competition#Designers.27_Games_on_Designers.27_Ballots.3F
** Currently, this has boiled down to a straight poll; place your vote!

* Contest Timing: Summer and Winter, exact dates up for (minor) debate
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Icehouse_Game_Design_Competition#Next_Contest_Timing
* Scheduling judging for the winter and summer seasons has advantages
and disadvantages, but it seems the closest to ideal. We're just
noodling with permanent Submission Deadline dates--nit picking,
basically. :)

It's October 4th (Yay, Sputnik!) and so I'd like to close polling and
finalize rules by, say, October 22th. That will allow approximately two
months for design and test and submit--critical, if we decide to
restrict design in some manner.

Thanks for reading, thanks doubly for voting, thanks triply for
participating in the IGDCs!
David
Winter IGDC Coordinator