Re: [Icehouse] Idea for Wiki Art

  • FromRoger Burton West <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 8 Nov 2007 19:02:56 +0000
On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 11:17:16AM -0700, David Artman wrote:

>Transparency would be the main thing, to me, then. We should be able to
>set these images onto white, black, etc backgrounds (ex: table cell
>shading, for a chessboard) and not see anything but the mids.

That's certainly doable in the relevant file formats; it's been a few
years since I used PoVray but I'd be surprised if it couldn't manage it..

>And I bet the write POVray code + wait for render time is orders of
>magnitude more time and effort than my press O (Eyedropper) + click the
>palette + press Shift+B (Paint Bucket tool) + click at most four times
>to fill.

For you maybe. I'd get bored with repetitive actions in the first five
minutes and look for something else to do... such as coding. :-)

>Hmmm... maybe a script could be written which would loop through colors
>and orientations, outputting read-to-run POVray code, so one could just
>copy & paste the code into POVray. That would certainly be consistent
>and avoid coding errors (and with at least 275 to make, it would be
>worth the script coding time).

Autogen code would certainly be the way to go.

Roger (not volunteering, sorry, too many things on plate right now)